Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: 5th Edition

Wowwie I've been gone a while. But I'm back and feeling better than ever. Last night was rainy and windy and spooky; the perfect mood for a suspenseful movie. So a friend came over and we watched Dial M for Murder; we both like it a lot. Though it's sun-shiney today, October is notorious around here for being rainy and dismal. So today's

covers 13 movies for a stormy, October night.

1. Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton never ceases to amaze me)
2. Hocus Pocus (I've been watching this movie since I was kid; it's not "good" but I still love it)
3. Seven (everything about this movie is dark and creepy)
4. Ghostbusters (such a perfect blend of creepy and comedy)
5. Death Becomes Her (I've seen this movie so many times, but it seems like no one else has--bad taste or hidden gem?)
6. Edward Scissorhands (this one always breaks my heart a little)
7. Sleepy Hollow (I mean, how amazing is Johnny Depp?)
8. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (I get upset if I don't get to watch this when it's on TV--I think the original Charlie Brown movies are, hands down, some of the best)
9. Young Frankenstein (I've only seen this once, but Gene Wilder is fantastic)
10. Donnie Darko (it's just so haunting and terrific)
11. Casper (I used to have the biggest crush on Devon Sawa--the kid that plays Casper at the end)
12. Rear Window (really, any Hitchcock--but I thought The Birds was stupid)
13. Requiem for a Dream (this movie makes me really, really, uncomfortable, but it's absolutely brilliant)

What do you watch on stormy nights or to get in the Halloween mood?

4 comments:

jenn said...

I love Beetlejuice (I have the dvd) and Death Becomes Her. Great list!
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I love Hocus Pocus-and I look forward to Charlie Brown's Halloween one each year too.
There were only a few I haven't seen on your list. And now I want to see them.
Thanks, Maribeth
www.marnini.wordpress.com

Addicted to crafting said...

i don't watch that type of movies, i prefer to put some law and order DVD. :)

Happy TT!!!

Unknown said...

I don't watch horror movies because they give me nightmares, but I really liked The Green Mile. Does that count?