Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: 2nd Edition



Thirteen Reasons Why Fall is Fantastic

1) all things pumpkin (food, decorations, bevies...yummmm)
2) season premieres on TV
3) needing a fire to keep warm outside
4) cranberries (probably my favorite fruit)
5) Halloween (dressing up and decorating--2 of my absolute favorites)
6) pears (vastly under-appreciated i think)
7) sweater and jeans weather
8) festivals (ok, i seldom go to them, but i like the idea of them and i'm glad they're around)
9) being able to burrow under blankets at night
10) crisp air and cool breezes
11) the rustle of dried leaves
12) fire-tipped tree tops
13) burnt orange, rust red, burnt sienna, copper, gold

5 comments:

jenn said...

Nice list. I make the most delicious pear butter.
Happy TT!

Unknown said...

Fall is an awesome season. I love pumpkins and all the fall decorations. You should see my apartment.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. Some of these I can still enjoy, and some of them I still miss terribly, after living for a dozen years in the seasonal purgatory of Southern California.

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year too, but I don't care for pears :-)

Anonymous said...

I lived in Philadelphia (Chester, Pa., actually) a long time ago and the place had large trees everywhere. The colors and plenty of those leaves were a wonder. I liked going to this deli called La Spada's they had terrific hoagies. They had good fall seasons there!